Redirection

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Polishing The Brass On A Sinking Ship

Too many churches nowadays have adopted the philosophy of "why polishing the brass on a sinking ship" and instead of trying to re-Christianise society are waiting for the end of the world and are even eagerly anticipating it. And why should they worry if they expect to be raptured out of the mess they often helped create when the times get too tough. But is Rapture doctrine at all Biblical?




For the record, I don't know which church is it, but though ours teaches approximately the same, they still have bought into this end-of-world-is-imminent mindset, more or less.

Personally I think that Postmillennialism offers a much more optimistic perspective.

4 comments:

  1. So often the left-behind folks are so complicated in their explanations, grabbing scripture and meaning every which way. At least this man speaks plainly and simply using good sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also liked how he pointed out the importance of sound doctrine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Housewife from FinlandNovember 30, 2016 at 9:52 AM

    I really like this priest (is he one?) who lectures in WWBS videos. I have watched some of their "the truth about" -series. I do not agree with everything, but he speaks very nicely and is very down to earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should think a preacher would be a correct word. I haven't seen any other videos, but this one is really good.

    ReplyDelete